Studies have shown that women who found mentors through formal programmes were 50% more likely to be promoted than women who found mentors on their own.
Within our scheme anyone can be a mentor or mentee, irrespective of seniority and industry. We encourage members to make the decision based on who it is they have met within the network who they want to learn from / help develop and who they want to form a relationship with.
You could also consider reverse mentoring i.e. learning from someone less experienced than you. Again it should depend on the person, but being technological savvy for example is now business critical. Plus, no matter your experience, broadening your skill set can only be a good thing right?
1. Come to a High Flying Women event - to be entered into the membership. You will also be given a guide book which explains the mentor scheme in great detail
2. Typically we expect mentees to apply for a specific mentor, however that doesn't mean that if you want to develop a specific person you can't ask them to be your mentee as well. Either way, the requester discloses their details and reason for requesting the mentor/mentee relationship (either online or you can request a form at an event) .
3. Matching mentees to mentors - we will do our best to match you to who you request, but in case we can't, or in case you are interested in more than one potential mentor/mentee, there is space for you to jot down another 2 names. Of course if you have your heart set on someone specific you don't have to state any other preferences.
4. First meeting - We will organise your first meeting for you. The purpose of the first meeting is to determine whether the match is right and also how you want to proceed. You will also agree a time commitment.
5. Review - After the minimum length of time for the mentor/mentee relationship has passed (as dictated in your time commitment statement) we will ask you to review your time together.
Just fill in the form below with your basic information and reason for wanting to enter into the High Flying Women mentoring scheme. Then we'll get in touch with you.
If you don't have a specific preference but would like us to try and pair you with somebody then just state that in the preferences box. However, there is an administrative cost of £75 for the matching process as you can imagine it is not a quick or easy exercise.
If you want to talk it all through, feel free to email us.